Notes of Online NDP Steering Group Meetings Held on Tues 1st & Wed 9th March 2022

Notes of Online NDP Steering Group meetings held at 7:30 pm on Tues 1st & Wed 9th March 2022

Tuesday 1st March 2022
Present: – Andrew De La Haye, Chris Barron, Joanne Akers, Ruth Dolman
In attendance: – William Bloxsome and 1 member of the public
A decision was made to wait a while for Peter Dunn in case he was delayed. The meeting started at
7:42pm without Peter
1. Apologies: Apologies for absence received from Janine Liddle
2. Declarations: Declarations of interest were noted from Andrew De La Haye regarding
discussions about Howle Hill, and Ruth Dolman regarding discussions about Bishopswood.
3. Minutes: The notes of the previous meeting held on 22 November 2021 were approved.
4. Public Participation Session: A brief discussion on whether to hold one public participation
session either now, or at the end, or two had begun.
At this point in the meeting it became clear that both members of the public and Peter Dunn were
having difficulties gaining entry to the meeting. 2 more members of the public and Peter Dunn
did eventually gain entry, however Peter’s video and microphone were not working so although
he could hear what was being said he was not able to take part. Therefore a decision was made
to abandon the meeting and reschedule for 7:30pm on Wed 9 March 2022.
In the meantime Bill Bloxsome asked that everyone send any grammatical or spelling errors to him by
email and Ruth Dolman asked that the Memorandum of Understanding now in place with RTC be
included in the Submission Draft Walford NDP and offered to send a NDP guidance note on the Dark
Night Sky from another county to Bill Bloxsome for consideration. Andrew noticed that Peter had left
so the meeting was closed.

Wednesday 9 March 2022
Present: – Andrew De La Haye, Chris Barron, Joanne Akers, Ruth Dolman, Peter Dunn
In attendance: – William Bloxsome and 9 members of the public.
1. Apologies: Apologies for absence received from Janine Liddle
2. Declarations: Declarations of interest were noted from Andrew De La Haye regarding
discussions about Howle Hill, from Ruth Dolman regarding discussions about Bishopswood, and
from Peter Dunn regarding discussions about Coughton.
3. Minutes: Notes of the meeting held on 22 November 2021 had been approved on 1 March 2022
4. Public Participation Session: Andrew De La Haye proposed item 4 be moved to the end of the
meeting. All agreed.
5. Receive and review a report from consultant on the Regulation 14 consultation feedback.
There were 4 documents received from the consultant, namely: –
Comments on and Corrections to the Environmental Statement and Appropriate
Assessment
Bill Bloxsome explained that this document was a result of Representations made concerning
inaccuracies in the Strategic Environmental Assessment (Environmental) Report and Appropriate
Assessment report produced by Hereford Council. In keeping with the responses suggested in
the “Schedule of Responses” it was agreed that these would be brought to the attention of
Hereford Council in this schedule.
Schedule of Representations
Ruth Dolman asked if the Parish Councils responses are sent individually to the members of the
community and Statutory Consultees? Bill Bloxsome explained that this was not normally the
case, the Schedule of Responses will be included in the Consultation Statement as part of the
formal submission to Hereford Council who will publish it as part of the 6 week consultation,
however WPC could choose to arrange individual responses to be sent to those making
representations, and or place the schedule on the PC website for people to see should they so
wish.
Andrew De La Haye raised the issue of identification of members of the community in this
document. The format used is currently given reference numbers (e.g. C.1, etc.). Bill Bloxsome
suggested alternatives could be to use either initials or surnames with a Christian name initial. It
was agreed that the format used was in keeping with GDPR and so would remain in place.
Joanne Akers requested that the” working draft” be faded to enable easier reading. Bill
Bloxsome advised that he will remove this and add “Walford Parish Draft” at the bottom. Chris
Barron requested that page numbers be added.
Action: – Bill Bloxsome
Schedule of Alterations
This document lists 39 alterations to the submission draft, members of the Steering Group were
asked if they had noted any errors or omissions, or if there were any areas where more
explanation might be needed or improved. None were noted.
Chris Barron requested that page numbers be added. Action: – Bill Bloxsom
NDP Submission Draft Plan
This document is the sum total of the NDP Reg 14 Draft Plan with the 39 alterations made for
presentation to WPC.
6. Prepare items for presentation to next WPC meeting.
Joanne explained that the presentation would not be at the next WPC meeting, rather WPC will
arrange an Extraordinary Meeting dedicated to the NDP. The venue for this should be
Bishopswood Village Hall if available. There will be an agenda item at the next WPC meeting to
decide the date for the EM.
Action: – Joanne Akers
Joanne Akers asked that the Representations relating to the inaccuracies in the Strategic
Environmental Assessment (Environmental) Report and Appropriate Assessment report be
greyed out so that Councillors could identify the important representations relating to the
Schedule of Alterations and NDP Submission Draft.
Action: – Bill Bloxsome
Bill Bloxsome will attend the meeting remotely so equipment to facilitate this needs to be
arranged.
Action: – Chris Barron
It would be helpful if 2 projectors can be used at the EM to facilitate viewing of documents side
by side if necessary.
Action: – Chris Barron
Chris Barron asked how Councillors might like to receive the documents. It was agreed that 4
copies of the “Schedule of Representation” and “Schedule of Alterations” would be printed for
councillors to take should they have difficulties either with internet signal or printing. Chris Barron
and Joanne Akers offered to assist in this.
Action: – Chris Barron / Joanne Akers
7. Review preparation of all Regulation (14/15/16) documents.
Bill Bloxsome will begin work on the Consultation Statement and Basic condition Statement and
send templates round, however completion of these documents are reliant on the decisions
taken by WPC.
8. To review the process for Regulation 15/16.
WPC to make decisions at the EM, Bill Bloxsome to produce the Consultation and Basic
Conditions Statements, WPC to submit the plan to Hereford Council who will then produce maps
and set the 6 week consultation period.
Bill suggested that WPC might wish to put the documents onto their websites too, this was
agreed.
9. Project Plan update.
Bill gave a verbal schedule estimate which Chris advised puts the plan adrift by 1 month but
these estimates are reliant on Hereford Council proceeding in a timely manner. A suggested
timescale for the referendum was May 2023.
10. Year end financial accounts and grant process
It isn’t yet clear whether Locality will be given any funds by the DLUHC to continue to support
NPDs
Total expenditure this year is estimated at £935 however the costs of the consultant and printing
costs have yet to be confirmed.
Action: – Joanne Akers to chase Cronos for invoice
Action: – Chris Barron to liaise with Consultant
The forecast spend for 2022-2023 is £3,100 however there is allowance in this for another
questionnaire. If this cost is stripped out then potentially this would be reduced to £1,500 –
£2,000
Discussion took place on whether to spend £199 on a Zoom licence due to the difficulties
experienced the week before. It was decided to continue with Teams as the difficulties
experienced hadn’t occurred at this meeting and could have been caused by an update which
seems to have been resolved.
10.a) (Moved from item 4) Public Participation Session.
Patricia Walker asked when the public would be made aware of the decision facing the Parish
Council. Joanne Akers explained that the decisions to be made would be detailed on the agenda
which will be published on the WPC website 3 clear days prior to the EM.
Bridget Vine asked if a single sheet could be produced to explain to councillor’s what to look at
and how to navigate the documents. Ruth agreed to put together an introduction to help
councillors and run this by Bridget to make sure she feels it is suitable.
Action: – Ruth Dolman
11. Items for next meeting agenda
Review updates and templates from Bill Bloxsome
Review the Introduction from Ruth Dolman
Review preparations for the WPC Extraordinary Meeting
12. Date of next meeting: Thursday 17 March 2022 7:30pm online

PDF NOTES