Held via video conference Wednesday 5th August, 2020 at 19.30
Councillors: Simeon Cole, Chris Barron
Non- council members: Andrew De La Haye (Chair), Leigh Russell, Bill Bloxsome, Jon Stern
Members of the public – Bridget Vine
1. Apologies for absence – Bob Puzey
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation –Simeon Cole declared an interest regarding offered sites 6 and 7.
3. Minutes – it was resolved to adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 22nd July 2020 as a true and accurate record.
4. Site Assessment – The Consultant’s site assessment report was discussed and an option was agreed to take forward for discussion at the Parish Council and, if publication of the report is approved by them, at public communication meetings.
5. Public Communication – It was agreed that, when publication is agreed, the finalised Site Assessment Report would be published on-line together with presentation slides as well as by webinar. The Steering Group would also prepare a process for on-line feedback. The objective would be to communicate and clarify the contents and accept feedback from the parish.
If there were sufficient demand, public meetings will be arranged to discuss the finalised Site Assessment Report. However, Covid regulations meant that meetings at Bishopswood Village Hall would currently be restricted to 30 people (including Steering Group Members) and 25 people at Walford Village Hall. It was agreed that the need for public meetings would be re-assessed in nearer the time when further information was available as to the number of people who wanted to attend a socially distanced public meeting.
It was agreed that Andrew would discuss organising the communications with Bob. Support is available from other Steering Group Members.
6. Views, verges, buidlings and land – It was agreed that the deadline for submitting proposed views, verges, buildings and land for protection would be extended until end-August. The items submitted prior to end July will be put up on the NDP website and opened to polling so that iconic views etc. could be identified from those submitted.
7. Emails – The Steering Group considered emails submitted since the last meeting and agreed replies to be sent.
8. Items for next meeting agenda
8.1 Standard agenda items
8.2 Discussion of Draft NDP
8.3 Feedback from discussions with Parish Council and others
8.4 Further discussion of consultation arrangements.
9. Date of next meeting
26th August 2020 at 19.30pm
The chair closed the meeting at 21.15